I am interested in movies and traveling and passionate about science. I obtained my PhD in Taiwan and have worked in US and Japan as a postdoctoral researcher; now I am working on Elongator-mediated tRNA modification mechanism with the support of Homing program from Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) in Poland.
Homing laureate (Homing 2 2016) by FNP (2018-2019)
Scientific Awards and Fellowships
- A recipient of the Postdoc Working Abroad Program sponsored by Taiwan National Science Council (2016)
- Excellent graduate student research award by National Taiwan University (2013)
- A recipient of the Graduate Students Study Abroad Program sponsored by Taiwan National Science Council (2010-2011)
- Young investigator travel award by HUPO 8th annual world congress (2009)
- Lin TY and Glatt S. tRNA modification by Elongator protein 3 (Elp3). Encyclopedia of Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry (1-9). 2018
- Lin TY, Masunaga H, Sato R, Malay AD, Toyooka K, Hikima T, Numata K. Liquid crystalline granules align in a hierarchical structure to produce spider dragline microfibrils. Biomacromolecules, 4, 2017
- Glatt S, Zabel R, Kolaj-Robin O, Onuma OF, Baudin F, Graziadei A, Taverniti V, Lin TY, Baymann F, SeraphinB, Breunig K, Muller CW. Structural basis for tRNA modification by Elp3 from Dehalococcoides mccartyi. Nature Structure & Molecular Biology 23; 794-802, 2016
- Godonoga M, Lin TY, Oshima A, Sumitomo K, Cheung YW, Kinghorn AB, Dirkzwager RM, Kuzuya A, Tanner JA and Heddle JG. Specific recognition of a malaria protein biomarker by a DNA aptamer-origami nanoarray. SciRep. 6; 21266, 2016
- Nagano S, Lin TY and Heddle JG. Investigating the roles of the C-terminal domain of Plasmodium falciparum GyrA. PLoS ONE 10(11): e0142313, 2015
- Lin TY, Nagano S, and Heddle JG. Functional analyses of Toxoplasma gondii Gyrase Complex with dual features of gyrase and decatenase. Sci Rep. 5; 14491, 2015
- Chen BY, Chen XJ, Wu XW, Wang XL, Wang YJ, Lin TY, Kurata J, Wu J, Vonderfecht S, Huang H, Yee JK, Hu JD, and Lin RJ. TALEN-mediated gene disruption of microRNA-21 diminishes cell transformation and alters expression of cell- environment interaction genes. Cancer Letters. 356, 506-16, 2015.
- Nagano S, Lin TY, Edula R and Heddle JG. Unique Features of Apicoplast DNA Gyrases from Toxoplasma gondii and Plasmodium falciparum. BMC bioinformatics, 15, 416, 2014.
- Zang SB, Lin TY, Chen XJ, Gencheva M, Newo ANS, Yang LX, Rossi D, Hu JD, Lin SB, Huang AM, and Lin RJ. GPKOW is essential for pre-mRNA splicing in vitro and suppresses splicing defect caused by dominantnegative DHX16 mutation in vivo. Bioscience Reports, 34, 841-50, 2014.
- Huang CP, Tsai MF, Chang TH, Tang WC, Chen SY, Lai HH, Lin TY, Yang CH James, Yang PC, Shih JY*, Lin SB*. ALDH-Positive Lung Cancer Stem Cells Confer Resistance to Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors. Cancer Lett. 328, 144-51, 2013.
- Lin TY, Huang CP, Au LC, Chang YW, Hu CY, Lin SB. A cysteine-reactive alkyl hydroquinone modifies topoisomerase IIa enhances DNA breakage, and induces apoptosis in cancer cells. Chem. Res. Toxicol. 25, 2340-51, 2012.
- Gencheva M, Lin TY, Wu X, Yang L, Richard C, Jones M, Lin SB, Lin RJ. Nuclear retention of unspliced premRNAs by mutant DHX16/hPRP2, a spliceosomal DEAH-box protein. J Biol. Chem. 285, 35624-32, 2010.
- YR Chen, RYY Chiou, TY Lin, CP Huang, WC Tang, ST Chen, SB Lin. Identification of an alkylhydroquinone from rhus succedanea as an inhibitor of tyrosinase and melanogenesis. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 57, 2200-2205, 2009
- Huang CP, Fang WH, Lin LI, Chiou RY, Kan LS, Chi NH, Chen YR, Lin TY, Lin SB. Anticancer activity of botanical alkyl hydroquinones attributed to topoisomerase II poisoning. Toxicology and applied pharmacology 227 (3), 331-338
Address: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology, Gronostajowa st. 7a, 30-387 Krakow, Poland
Room: MCB 3/1b
Phone: +48 12 664-63-17